Bulkley Valley Engineering Services Ltd. (BVES) provides individuals, businesses, industry, developers, local and regional governments, and first nations with a wide range of design and engineering solutions. We are based in Smithers BC and primarily serve the Bulkley Valley and Lakes District from Burns Lake to Hazelton.
We specialize in personalized and timely service on small to medium sized projects — projects which benefit from our local knowledge, low overhead costs, and expertise in regionally appropriate and sustainable technologies.
working for you
We are a 'full service' community-focused consulting engineering firm. We would be happy to discuss how we can support your project.
With 'boots on the ground' BVES supports consulting teams by providing valuable local knowledge and regionally appropriate technical support. Recently BVES has worked with, Kasian Architecture, Cornerstone Architecture, Studio 531, Colliers Projects, BC Hydro and PCL Construction.
Sound technical planning sets the groundwork for successful future projects. BVES can help your organization or community better understand its challenges and adopt useful forward thinking strategies:
- Community-wide planning such as energy, solid waste, asset inventory and condition assessment, flood and erosion studies.
- Feasibility studies relating to intentional communities, strata and straight subdivision development.
- Facility energy studies, life cycle assessment and capital replacement contribution fund strategies, code reviews and condition assessments.
- Development process works including servicing studies, rezoning applications and permits.
With diverse technical skills our team can support your project from initial site survey through design, procurement and construction management while offering professional quality assurances:
- Residential, commercial and institutional building design
- Structural engineering
- Civil, environmental, wastewater, roads and subdivision design
- Survey: Optical and RTK, engineering and mapping survey including UAV photogrammetry.
- Construction management.
- Onsite wastewater (septic) design and installation.
- Material testing.
office: 3763 1st avenue, smithers
snail: box 92 smithers, B.C, V0J 2N0